Francis Law Center Francis Law Center
When Your Success Depends On Effective Immigration Services

K1 Fiance Visa Archives

Impacts of a DUI (Driving under the influence) on K-1 Fiancé Visa Application

You could be one of many U.S. Citizens who wished that your foreign fiancé(e) who had come to the United States on a J-1, F-1 or B-2 visa stayed in the United States, got married with you and would start an adjustment of status process to obtain a green card without leaving the United States. Your heart is broken when your foreign fiancé(e) returned to her or his home country with the expiration of a visa or completion of studies or training programs. In this case, one of popular options to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States is to go through a K-1 visa process.

Pet Adoption as a Bona Fide Marriage Proof

A core requirement of a marriage-based green card process is to prove a bona fide relationship. For the purpose of U.S. immigration law, it means that the couple got married with genuine intent of being united in marriage. A sham marriage that circumvents immigration laws for the purpose of falsely acquiring immigration benefits is not valid for immigration purposes.


Schaumburg Office
1320 Tower Road, Suite 147
Schaumburg, IL 60173

Toll Free: 877-312-0956
Fax: 847-306-3942
Schaumburg Law Office Map

Madison Office
14 W. Mifflin Street
Suite 206-7
Madison, WI 53703

Toll Free: 877-312-0956
Fax: 847-306-3942
Madison Law Office Map

Chicago Office
605 N. Michigan Avenue
4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60611

Toll Free: 877-312-0956
Fax: 847-306-3942
Chicago Law Office Map

Review Us